Lighting is art and there is no reason why one cannot dress up a dining room. The reasons for this can be many and varied.
When choosing lights for any room there are a number of things you need to think about.
Therefore, first of all , ask yourself this question, “What is this room going to be used for”?
- Will I sit at the table and read the paper?
- Will I sit at the table and do some book work?
- Will I sit at the table and do some crafts?
- Or will I only be eating at this table?
- Is one light enough or would it look more balanced with 2 or even 3 lights.
- What style of fitting would suit my décor?
Another trick is to have the fittings at different heights
Answering yes to questions 1-3 mean that plenty of light will be needed whereas answering yes to question 4 may mean that you are only after a feature light, rather than a light that puts out copious amounts of light.
Another thing to think about is the height of the fitting. Generally, over a table, pendant lights could hang a little lower as long as they do not obscure other participants or cause a glare when looking at other diners.
So jazz up your dining room and make it a centre-piece of your home.